Friday, February 22, 2008

yesterday, part I: Staff meeting in Jerusalem

Ok...so, here's yesterday's story, i'll break it up into parts. Part I, fun. Part II, still fun, Part III, not so fun.

I went to the ANERA weekly staff meeting, took lots of pictures for the blog. It was great to see everyone. I took a picture of the whole group around the conference table as each person updated the group about their work for the week. There were lots of new faces and some familiar ones and it was great to see everyone. I really missed seeing Tom. Tom's replacement was a delight and it was great to meet him and listen to his charming Irish accent.

Following the meeting, I went out with a couple of the women there to pick up some breakfast food. We brought it back and all of us ate together, standing up in the kitchen. I took pictures of that for the blog as well.

So, far, my day was lovely and shaping up nicely. I left the ANERA office in perfect time to make it to Dar Annadwa to inspect the site better, now that the ground had dried and we could make some measurements to pick the best spot for it. I was feeling pretty good, especially since I hadn't gotten lost driving by myself yet. For those of you who are unfamiliar with my sense of direction, suffice it to say that after ten years, i still get lost in Philly sometimes.

No comments: