Wednesday, February 27, 2008

They think the playground poles are used for rockets!! aye yay yay..

Wallah ana rasi mrakkab bil ma2loob! Sonia is arriving tomorrow...But it's still a good thing that I postponed the trip to Nablus and Jenin because it turns out there's another problem with the shipment. Even though we have clearance [which presumably means they examined and approved every piece of equipment coming through] they are now worried that the playground posts could be used as rockets!! So, I had to do a bit of running around to get some paper work to the ANERA office so they could fax off to the relevant powers that be.


I'm meeting with a reporter in Ramallah later who wants to write about PfP and about my book. And on Friday, Israel Shamir invited me to go with him to a dinner with Arab writers. Considering the ongoing boycott against teh Salon du Livre and the Turin book fair, I am really interested in talking to these folks.

In the meantime, I hung out with more cousins and we had brunch together. After the interview, I'm meeting with intern candidates then will be taking a Yoga class that Esperansa teaches and plan to spend the rest of the evening in Kobar again with her family.

No comments: