Friday, February 29, 2008

Sonia is here..

She got here yesterday and has set up her own blog of the trip. http://soniarosen.blogspot.com

Today and tomorrow are/will be spent showing and introducing her to as many people as possible so she can have a fruitful trip. Here are some pictures. I went back to Nablus, btw, because Shaher is going to help her get around the WB to some extent and i wanted to make sure they got a chance to meet while I'm here. ACTUALLY, I wanted to go back to Nablus because i didn't get a chance to eat k'nafe yesterday and it's just a cultural sin to go there without eating Nablus k'nafe! I ate k'nafe, nammoura, and just about every kind of ba'laweh the place had. I kinda feel sick right now to tell you the truth. I've definitely gained a few happy pounds while here.

I had to blow off a lunch that I really wanted to attend hosted by a well-known publisher for Arab writers! There was just no way I could make it to Haifa and back in time to fulfill a promise [a long and personal story] I made to a friend in Ramallah [which, to me, is ultimately more important]. But I still got a chance to speak with the host and that's worth a lot.

Oh yeah...we stopped by the playground we built in Nablus three years ago and it's in excellent shape! I'm going to post them on our website, but here are a few for now:




From now on, if you want to know more about this trip and how the assembly will progress, check out Sonia's site. I am leaving here with mixed feelings. I don't want to go on many levels. I love it here. I like the person I am here. The way I feel. The sense of being grounded and close to the earth. The strong bonds with friends and the family ties. The cousins I have everywhere I turn on the Mt of Olives. But if I miss Natalie any more, I'll lose my mind. I can't wait to see, hug and kiss her. To talk with her and watch her fall asleep. I want to see Dennis and be there for him. I miss my dog, Gypsy, and cat, Onika.

Here are some pictures from today.




No comments: