Friday, February 22, 2008

Thank you to everyone who made calls on my behalf

I will write more tomorrow, but for now, I want to express my very deep gratitude to everyone who was concerned and who made calls on my behalf to the American embassy here. Being held and questioned by the IDF, trying to convince them that I wasn't a spy was truly truly frightening. Natalie had made a "shield neclace" for me before I left [it's something we do everytime i come here] and I held onto that as if for dear life to keep from being scared out of my mind. Of course, the worst scenrios were running through my mind, but in the end, the best outcome is what i got - they let me go. I have to thank Captain Yuri while I'm at it. He actually listened to what I was saying [in stark contrast to those who questioned me before him] and let me go. A word of advice to anyone going through those new terminals [checkpoints] DO NOT take pictures! apparently, it's illegal. Wish they had just put up a sign to that effect, I might have obeyed THAT rule.
...more tomorrow about what happened today before i was detained.
hugs,
susie

No comments: